IIT Research Resources
IITRI: A research resource for life sciences startups
Companies that move to University Technology Park benefit from the expertise of partner organizations located just steps from their own labs. These include the IIT Research Institute (IITRI), an independent, not-for-profit IIT affiliate that conducts contract research for the pharmaceutical, biotech, veterinary, agrichemical and nutriceuticals industries.
Located inside University Technology Park, IITRI performs research related to pre-clinical toxicology, safety evaluations, drug discovery and development. Drawing on support from the National Institutes of Health, IITRI researchers also take part in studies focused on cancer diagnosis and prevention.
More research resources at UTP
Companies who move to University Technology Park also benefit from partnerships with other research organizations located inside the 4-building UTP complex, including:
- The Center for Molecular Study of Condensed Soft Matter (µCoSM)
- The Institute for Food Safety and Health (IFISH)
- The Medical Imaging Resource Center (MIRC)
- The Pritzker Institute of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- The Robert W. Galvin Center for Electricity Innovation
- Wanger Institute for Sustainable Energy Research (WISER)