Fast Facts about University Technology Park at IIT
- 300,000 square feet of lab and office space in UTP’s 4-building complex
- 10 minutes from downtown Chicago
- Served by two international airports
- Home to 19 growing companies with nearly 400 employees
- 42 graduate companies employing hundreds in Chicago and beyond
What kinds of companies move to UTP?
Startups in materials and life sciences, biomedical engineering, medical devices and diagnostics, green and clean technology, food safety, information technology and many more fields.
Serial entrepreneurs building on earlier successes to start new enterprises.
New companies founded by IIT faculty and students as well as leaders from nearby research institutions, including The University of Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago and Rush Medical Center.
International companies entering the US market via Chicago.